Will the Metaverse be a Universal Platform? Part II - The Legal Issues
A team from our UK Technology practice (Sean Murphy, Lara White, Dr Michael Sinclair and Professor Peter McBurney) have published a two part article on the Metaverse with Society for Computers and Law.
In Part I of this article we looked at what the Metaverse is, its potential for disruptive change, and some of the computer science challenges. In this Part II, we consider some of the key legal and regulatory issues future stakeholders may need to consider.
Click here to register for our webinar on The Metaverse, taking place on Thursday, 20 January. Our antitrust, data and privacy, technology and intellectual property lawyers will be joined by a panel of industry stakeholders, in-house counsel and a professor of computer science to consider:
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- How will the Metaverse develop?
- What will be required technologically?
- The opportunities for business (including for investment and for the creative games and interactive entertainment industry)
- The legal and regulatory challenges to be navigated